9.17.2012

Frienship Quilt Blog Hop !

Hi everyone ! 
It's now my turn to show you gorgeous pictures of me and of course, the fun little project I made :)
When Diane invited me to join her in that fun blog hop, I could say no because I LOVED making frienship bracelets when I was younger (and even recently I made one). 
I wasn't really there in the 80's since I was born in february of 1989, but guess frienship bracelet where still very popular even in the 90's

Pictures first ?


This is me and my little sister. It must have been in 1991 so I was probably around 2 years old and my sister wasn't 1 yet.






I loved cats even back then !! But I cannot remember this one. We had a few when I was little.. 

And now, onto my project.
I decided to make this for my sister because even though were's not the closest sister in the entire world, I love the relationship we have. Unfortunately, we don't see each other often enough..

I don't have a tutorial simply because I used this one by Elizabeth Hartman.
It's genius and everytime I need to piece tiny squares, I use  that method because it's the only way (for me) to get nice points.

So this is where it all started :

 

And this is what I ended up with :

It's a little wall art and it's a bit wonky. Oopsy !
I could definitely see this something bigger made with this design (like a quilt!).
I think it would look pretty cool and it's so simple !


I hope my sister will like it !

Don't forget to visit the other blogs :


The schedule runs Monday through Friday with weekends open for spotlights and recaps.

 September 3: Friendship Quilts Kick Off! at from blank pages...
4: Diane of from blank pages...
5: Whitney of The Peacock Tree
6: January T of Sew Sew Go
7: Melinda of Quirky Granola Girl

10: Courtney of Mon Petit Lyons
11: Jill of Made with Moxie
12: Danielle of Fresh off the Spool
13: Kelsey of Kelsey Sews
14: Kristy of Quiet Play

17: Marika of Live, Laugh, Love... Sew -- ME !!
18: Karen of Sew Well Maid
19: Rachael of imagine gnats
20: Katie of There & Back
21: Lori of Lori H. Designs

 - LINKY FOR YOUR PROJECTS OPENS 2
4: A SURPRISE LINKY PARTY OPENS!!! (You do NOT want to miss this one!)
25: Secret
26: Secret
27: Secret
28: Link up closes for projects
30: Suprise Linky closes
October 1st: at from blank pages...  Judges Picks announced, Random drawing for the rest of the prizes.


 Another picture ok ? Just because I was cute :)

Sooo thanks for stopping by and thank you Diane for inviting me to participate :)

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

Awesome! It looks just like a friendship bracelet - and what a good idea to make it into some wall art!

Diane {from blank pages...} said...

Oh wow!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Great design! :) Thanks for sharing! :) I like all the pictures of you too. too cute.

Charlotte said...

that's so great! I love the colours and the pattern is fantastic. And could you be any cuter? I don't think so!

Cherie said...

What a great interpretation of the design! Such a fun piece of wall art. You and your sister were so adorable =D

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Totally adorable pictures!!! The mini is fantastic, I love the design!

Kristin G said...

That's really cool, lucky sister!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

That is such a fantastic design! It'd look awesome as cushions too!

Very cute pictures!

Danielle Hudson said...

I love your Friendship wall art! So pretty. your sis will love it!

Becky said...

Very nice! I almost did a rainbow design too!